Photo Credit: Michael Isabell
Jennifer Clair is an expert on food and cooking and the founder of Home Cooking New York, a culinary school geared to home chefs. In this episode, she describes her journey in food (and food media) and offers advice for sourcing ingredients locally, dealing with burnout in the kitchen and more.
For home cooks out of ideas, Jennifer recommends subscribing to at least one print food magazine and she shares some favorite cookbooks representing a variety of cuisines and cooking styles. Here’s a reading list that includes her own cookbook.
- “Six Basic Cooking Techniques: Culinary Essentials for the Home Chef” by Jennifer Clair
- “Six Seasons: A New Way with Vegetables” by Joshua McFadden
- “Baking From My Home to Yours” by Dory Greenspan
- “Plenty” and “Plenty More” by Yotam Ottolenghi
- “Bottom of the Pot: Persian Recipes and Stories” by Naz Deravian
This episode was produced with support from our sponsor Solstad House.